Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sea Fairy Two

Okay, folks, she's done. I finished her up last night and am pleased with the look.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sea Fairy Two

I changed up the pattern, giving her arms and making the tail one piece.

I am painting the tail instead of finding the perfect fabric.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bonaire Talk Auction Item

I deciced to go with an 18" smaller versio of my mermaid for this auction. I still need a name for her, but here are her pictures.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fairy is Finished

Sea Fairy is finished. Ready to hang as an ornament.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little more done to my Sea Fairy

Just a little more beading to do on the body. Then beading and yarn for the hair.

Too bad I'm having a hard time shooting a clear picture, but I'm working on that.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mermaid/Sea Fairy - pin or ornament

I got this mermaid pin pattern in a few weeks ago. After seeing how small it was I blew it up to 120%, and will make it into an ornament instead of a pin.

Right now I am adding beads and sequins onto the body. Later I'll add clear beads and yarn for hair.

Stay tuned for the finished product. :-)

Monday, August 17, 2009

Merie Mermaid for Freddie

Freddie, She's on her way to the Hamptons. :-)

Sunday, July 19, 2009


I was given a few pieces of fur the other day. I kept one nice mink stole and a couple of fur collars - don't know what kind of fur it is, but it's pretty.

A couple more projects waiting to be finished.

Ashlee likes the mink, but keeps biting the longer fur pieces. What's up with that?

Friday, July 17, 2009

Merri made it to Vermont.

I'm so happy to see Merri safe and sound in her new home.

She even has a new ride! Tom you need to get her a little helmet. :-)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

She is finally finished

It took me forever, but my mermaid is finally done and ready to ship to VT.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Merri Mermaid

Years ago, maybe 18?, I purchased this mermaid pattern. It is a Kalico Kastle - Sea Angles pattern - not my design.

Anyway I used to make these 2' long mermaids for friends and sold a few at little local arts & crafts shows. They were fun to make and I loved the smiles they brought. After a while I couldn't find the knit fabric I loved for their skin so I quit making them and moved on to other projects.

When I found new "skin" fabric earlier this year I decided to make one for an auction raising $ for my favorite website, Bonaire Talk. Then I couldn't find the curly hair I used to find at Michaels or Joanns Fabrics and decided to experiment with yarn.

This picture shows how nicely the yarn is for mermaid hair. I think I'll do MY hair next.
All she needs now is her bikini top.
What do you think? :-)

Merri Mermaid

I decided to do a test mermaid before offering up one for an aution this fall.

In these first photos Merri needs one more skein of "hairy" yarn to finish her head of hair, something pretty to put in her hair and a top to wear.

Friday, March 13, 2009

I am slowly working on those 4 seahorses. Three are sewn and stuffed while the fourth waits by the sewing machine for its turn.

Tomorrow during our long drive up to Gainesville with some friends, I will be doing the hand stiching (closing up their backs), adding the eyes, yarn manes, tags and other finishing touches.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bubbles the Seahorse

I'm back in the mood to make a few Bubbles, my seahorse.
I have one gold one done and four blue ones in various stages of being done.
It should be fun to get back "in the saddle."

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Big Mouth

I love this picture taken on Dunedin Causeway. I was playing with the new camera and caught this fellow in mid-squawk.

New Toys


Here's my new toy! An underwater housing for my newish Canon G10 camera and the lighting system.

These will help me take spectacular underwater pictures. The equipment is great. Let's hope I have the "eye" for it. Got to get in the water and play. :-)

Friday, January 16, 2009


Boy, I haven't updated this site in a while. Since the holidays I have been busy at work, carpul tunnel (sp?) hit me hard while finishing up my holiday orders so I haven't done any sewing to speak of.

I did manage to break a toe on my right foot yesterday morning. While dashing from the closet to the shower I rammed the toe next to the pinky into the door jam. I knew right away that it was broken. After driving to work and checking in I called Terry to see what he thought I should do. I know that sounds crazy, but I've never had an accident. Plus I've always heard that unless the toe is bent in the wrong direction needing to be set, that all that can be done is to tape the injured toe to its neighbor. Anyway Ter suggested that I call my doctor and ask for his opinion which ended up being taping it.

The picture is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea.